Woodmere Police FAQ


  • I recently received a traffic citation in the Village of Woodmere. What are my options?
    Option 1 – Contact the Clerk of Courts (216)-831-3432 for the possibility of waiving the citation prior to the court date.
    Option 2 – If you believe that you have been unjustly cited, you may appear in Mayor’s Court on the assigned date and request a trial. (27899 Chagrin Blvd. Woodmere, Ohio 44122)

  • I am receiving obscene/harassing phone calls. What should I do?
    If you receive repeated prank phone calls, phone harassment or other calls that might require follow-up with specialized phone equipment, you are urged to contact the telephone company directly. It is important to document the times and dates of the calls.

  • When is it appropriate to dial 911 as opposed to the non-emergency phone number?
    The emergency number (911) should be used only when there is imminent danger to life or property. Ask yourself if the police, fire, or medical assistance is required at the immediate moment? If the answer is yes, then immediately dial 911 and advise the emergency operator of what has, or is about to happen. For all other calls such as vehicle lock-outs, noise complaints, etc. dial (440) – 247- 7321. (The call will be answered in the dispatch center and will leave the 911 lines available for emergency calls.)

  • How can I obtain a restraining order against someone?
    There are several ways to obtain a restraining order against someone. You may want to consult with a private attorney and have them represent you. Contact Bedford Municipal Court for further information. If you are the victim of Domestic Violence, the arresting Officer will assist you in filing the required forms to obtain a T.P.O. (Temporary Restraining Order) at the time of the incident.

  • An officer stopped me for no reason and was very rude to me. I want to complain against that officer. What should I do?
    Present your complaint by phone or in-person to the Woodmere Police Department located at 27899 Chagrin Blvd. Woodmere, Ohio 44122. You may also contact the Chief of Police at (216) 831-1234 to inform him of the incident. The Chief of Police will then assign an Internal Affairs Investigator to look into the matter.

  • How long do I have to wait to file a missing person report?
    There is no specific waiting period for reporting a missing or overdue person. It is difficult to recommend a time period because each case is different. One suggestion would be to inquire about different locations the person might be, including friends, family, employer, and common hangouts. Obtain as much information as possible as to when the person was last seen and by whom. Find out if they mentioned having car trouble. Once you have exhausted all efforts, please contact the Police Department for additional assistance.

  • I would like to apply for employment as a Police Officer with The Village Of Woodmere. How do I obtain an application?
    Please send your resumes to: Attention Chief of Police -Resume 27899 Chagrin Blvd. Woodmere, Ohio 44122.