Join the caring, hard-working, and professional team at Woodmere Village as a:
Service Director (Part or Full Time)
Learn from mentors with decades of experience in a supportive environment where you can grow and make the most out of your career. The Village of Woodmere, headquartered in Woodmere, Ohio, is currently seeking a part or full time Service Director to join their team.
Under policy direction from the Woodmere Village Mayor, the Service Director plans, organizes, directs and integrates the Woodmere Village’s public service activities and functions; provides expert professional assistance to Woodmere Village management in areas of expertise, including trash collection, snow plowing, street and landscape maintenance; and performs related duties as required.
An incumbent is a department head with responsibility for program planning, fiscal management, administration, and operational direction of the Village’s service level, including but not limited to facilities, sanitation, landscaping, street maintenance, utilities poles and equipment. The incumbent is responsible for accomplishing department objectives and goals established by the Woodmere Village Mayor and Woodmere Village Council.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the class.
- The incumbent plans, organizes, controls, integrates and evaluates the work of the Department; develops, implements and monitors long-term plans, goals and objectives focused on achieving the Woodmere Village’s mission and Council priorities; directs the development and monitors performance against the annual department budget; manages and directs the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, policies, systems and procedures to achieve annual goals, objectives and work standards.
- Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; establishes performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and professional development; consults with the Mayor on disciplinary action, addresses performance deficiencies, in accordance with the Woodmere Village’s personnel rules and policies.
- Provides leadership and functions with department staff to develop and retain competent, staff through selection, compensation, training and day-to-day management practices which support the Woodmere Village’s mission and values.
- Advises the Woodmere Village Mayor, Woodmere Village Council, citizen groups, contractors and others on departmental issues; solve a broad range of programmatic and service delivery problems; assists in the preparation of new Woodmere Village ordinances and the revision of existing ordinances.
- Reviews and advises on development plans and permits for work in Woodmere Village rights-of-way.
- Have at least 7 years’ related experience in obtaining the knowledge, skills, and abilities outlined above. College or university is preferred but not required; management and supervisory level; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Possess knowledge regarding the theory, principles, practices and techniques of public service, utilities maintenance functions; including budgeting, purchasing and the maintenance of records.
- Have the ability to plan, direct and integrate broad activities; analyze maintenance issues and problems, evaluate alternative solutions and develop sound conclusions, recommendations and courses of action; present proposals and recommendations; evaluate management practices and adopt effective courses of action; develop clear, concise and comprehensive reports, correspondence and other written materials; exercise sound judgment within general policy guidelines; establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Woodmere Village Council; use written and oral communication skills; observe and interpret situations; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve complex problems; use math and mathematical reasoning
- Possess a Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Ohio
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee works under typical office conditions; operates heavy machinery, the noise level can be loud, dusty, wet, humid, hot, and transient. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why the Village of Woodmere?
Woodmere is the quaint village located just eleven miles southeast of downtown Cleveland and even closer to the countryside. It’s the Gateway to the Chagrin Valley, and the gateway to more. More opportunities, more possibilities, more experiences.
Only in Woodmere can you find over 300 unique businesses from hi-tech to homemade. We’re the hidden gem nestled on Chagrin Boulevard, right in the heart of it all. Come to Woodmere and discover why we’re the front door to retail, restaurants, rural residential living, and the gateway to more.
Woodmere Village is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
How to apply:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.