WOODMERE VILLAGE SEEKS PART-TIME MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
Newly-elected Mayor Benjamin Holbert is looking to expand the Village’s efforts and support
current communication roles with a part-time marketing communications intern.
You will join an eager team with a big vision for the future of Woodmere. We’re hoping to find
other individuals with the same optimism and can-do attitudes. Mayor Holbert’s administration
seeks big-thinkers who aren’t afraid to ask “what if” and suggest new ideas.
Part-Time Marketing Communications Intern responsibilities may include:
• Copywriting for marketing tools, eblasts, social media posts
• Content writing for web, newsletters
• Brainstorming creative events, ideas and marketing ideas to promote the Village
• Project coordination
• PR: writing press releases, pitching stories to media, working with local businesses and
key partner organizations to identify newsworthy opportunities
• Interviewing businesses and writing editorial-style business features
• Distributing marketing materials
• Event coordination
• Supporting Communications and Economic Development teams on various initiatives
*Video production and editing, photography, graphic design, social monitoring or SEO skills
would be preferred, but not required.
• Strong desire to learn and positive attitude
• Solid understanding of various marketing techniques and strategy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office and latest software
• Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
• Creativity and eagerness to bring new, out-of-the-box ideas
• Current enrollment in a related undergraduate or Master’s degree (English, Marketing,
Advertising, PR, journalism…)
Internship is unpaid and estimated at 5 – 10 hours per week. Intern will work closely with and
support Communications Manager. Work can be done remotely, with accessibility to attend
various meetings and events.
Email MFlenner@WoodmereVillage.com to apply.
Woodmere Village is government entity with a population of 870. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.