The theme for this week of National Preparedness Month is “Lead up to National Day of Action.” Friday, September 30, is the National Day of Action or the National PrepareAthon!. It is important to think about the following, and plan in advance of a, disaster or incident and how . Here are some ideas to get people thinking.
- Participate in National PreparAthon! Day on September 30.
- Add you preparedness activity towww.ready.gov/prepare.
- Encourage others to do a preparedness activity and register it onwww.ready.gov/prepare.
- Share images of you and your community doing a preparedness activity.
- Share stories of how being prepared made a difference using #PrepareAthon.
For more information and details, go to Ready.gov or Serve.gov.
Also, thank you to those of you who participated in the National Preparedness Month Event. It was a success. Now that the Cuyahoga County Event is completed; our attention is turned to FEMA’s Prepareathon! which is on September 30 (https://community.fema.gov/?lang=en_US). America’s PrepareAthon! is a grassroots campaign for action to get people better prepared for emergencies by conducting hazard-specific group discussions, drills, and exercises. Throughout the year, America’s PrepareAthon! helps communities and individuals across the country practice preparedness actions before a disaster or emergency strikes.