As you take a tour through our village, you will find that Woodmere has a city flair with a rural feel. Woodmere is in close proximity to the Greater Cleveland Area, allowing its residents to get a city feel and still enjoy the peaceful settings of a village. We have over 300 businesses, which includes an upscale outdoor mall and many choices for fine dining. We also have one of the most diverse communities in the Chagrin Valley. I am proud to serve as your Mayor and have prioritized improving communication with the residents through our web site and quarterly news letters. I will work together with city council to upgrade our governmental needs and protect us from economic downturns. Most importantly, I am focusing on making our government more accessible, more sensible and more compassionate for our residents. My goal is for Woodmere to continue being a model community of the Chagrin Valley for many more years.
As Mayor of Woodmere my goals include:
- Improving communication between residents and the Mayor’s office
- Supporting our excellent Orange City Schools District
- Responsibly managing tax dollars
- Improving infrastructure and bringing Woodmere into the 21st century
- Chagrin widening project
- Maintaining our local roads
- Maintaining our top rated service departments which include our fire and police departments
- Improving relationships with community businesses
- Promoting the development of new businesses
- Serving our retired community
Mayor Charles E. Smith is a graduate of Central Arizona College and the University of Phoenix. Charles earned an Associates and Bachelors Degree in Business Administration. Mayor Smith is a former Major League Baseball player and has spent the last sixteen years playing for teams including the Florida Marlins, Atlanta Braves, and has played overseas for teams in Korea, Taiwan, and Japan. Mayor Smith has been married for ten years to his wife, Krista and they have two children named Casey and Cameron.
Mayor Smith welcomes anyone with any questions, suggestions, or concerns to stop by city hall on the first Tuesday of every month, from 10am to 4pm. You may also contact City Hall to schedule an appointment to meet with Mayor Smith.