Part-Time Police Officer
The position of Police Officer is under the general supervision of the Administrative Lieutenant and under the direct supervision of a Sergeant. The individual assuming this position will be responsible for providing a highly visible, professional police presence while conducting patrol activities in Woodmere Village. Answers calls when a crime is suspected or an emergency exists; takes such actions as necessary to prevent crime and/or to apprehend a criminal; to maintain safety and to assist citizens in a wide range of emergency and non-emergency situations. Takes proper enforcement action as required to maintain the order, safety and general welfare for Woodmere Village utilizing the United States Constitution, the Ohio Revised Code and Village Codified Ordinances.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 21 years of age at time of appointment
- Must be a United States citizen
- Age 21
- Education High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Experience not less than three (3) years as Ohio Law Enforcement Office
Work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Current and valid Ohio Driver’s License with an acceptable driver’s abstract in order to meet criteria for insurability.
- A valid Ohio Police Officer Training Academy Certification
- Have knowledge State law and local ordinances, police policy and procedures.
- Be able to structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words.
Salary Information: $14.00
27899 Chagrin Blvd.
Woodmere, Ohio 44122
Hours: 9am to 4pm
Telephone: (216) 831-1234